This painting has become one of the symbols of Dresden. It displays noblemen from the House of Wettin in period uniforms from Conrad (1130) to the 20th century Saxon kings. The painting is a representation of August the Strong and his son as kings of Poland.
In 1907 the painting was transferred to 25,000 porcelain plates to better resist time. Fortunately it survived the bombing in 1945 unscathed.